Yogini friend Lyn was eager to hear about my evening Mysore practice. It went well, I texted back. Truth is, it was horrible! It was an off day for me right from the beginning: the rain was pouring, I couldn’t parallel park and the only available spot was quite a distance from the shala, I forgot my umbrella in the car and was too far away to run back for it, the instructor was late so I got all cold inside the air conditioned studio.
The six of us were prompted to start our Suryas while waiting for the teacher. Fair enough. When she finally showed she divided us into 3 groups. My partner, Clara, looked like she had been doing yoga for some time already. I’m in good hands, I thought, someone to follow the series from. Nope, we were both taking cues from each other: she would look at me from over her T-arms and I would peer at her from between my legs in Prasarita. It was a complete mess, that didn’t escape the teacher’s eye. So she “punished” us by making us do the series from the TOP every single time we broke the sequence (which was often). Sure there was a flow of energy between me and Clara--we were feeding off each other’s negative energies. But we had a good laugh anyway, and we both knew what to do by the time we reached Shavasana.
“Kayong dalawa, you must repeat the postures every time you lose track of them. This is the only way, you can learn the flow.” Yes, teacher. LYN, don’t be absent ha!
3 comments:
Hi Melanie,
Good to be "absent" that day...whew..haha..but seriously, thats what I thought so for the beginner's class, its a mixed class..a combination of Mysore and led beginner wherein the teacher cut shorts the series tailor fit for the Raw beginner student. Hmmm in my opinion you're not a beginner anymore coz you've been doing astanga for sometime already...Heck you can even do the "jump back" with ease and the head to knee pose...:) Guess, you just have to be "present" at the regular Led class...that way you dont get "punished"if you dont remember the sequence...so see ya saturday?
LYN
Hi Lyn,
Yes, it certainly was a mixed class. There were more than 10 people for the Intro class and then 6 of us for Mysore practice. And yes, I should've listened to you and went for the Led class of Hoze, but that sked isn't feasible. Do you know that Clara and I didn't even get to the seated sequence because we were such yoga idiots!!! I don't know what happened--we were like Dumb and Dumber (it's debatable who's who though)--we were just doing suryas and triangles and a little standing twists AD NAUSEUM. Ahhhhhh!!! Will definitely see you on Saturday :-D
Melanie,
That was hilarious! haha..so you ended the sequence by skipping the entire seated poses? oh well, thats why I dont do mysore anymore...it happened to me already...I either ended interchanging the poses or skipping bunch of poses...:P
Guess what? I get to have a complimentary class tomorrow in YM...ill tell you the details tomorrow...so see ya---LYN
Post a Comment