Take inspiration from some of these man-made marvels aimed at minimising greenhouse gas emissions and cooling our overheating planet:
The Dynamic Tower from Italian architect David Fisher. The world's first rotating, self-powered skyscraper will change the landscape of Dubai and is pushing the limits of modern architecture. The 80-storey building generates electricity from wind turbines located in between each floor. The wind turbines are extremely quiet and practically invisible due to their unique design and carbon fibre material. Photovoltaic cells on rooftops will produce solar energy while insulated glass and insulating panels will improve energy efficiency. Natural and recyclable materials such as stone, marble, glass and wood will adorn the interiors and will contribute to the building's environmental vibe.
The Prius by Japanese car giant Toyota provides a solution to the tailpipe emissions problems of automobiles. The Prius is fitted with a powertrain which combines a gasoline-fueled internal combustion engine with an electric motor and thus delivers, along with other advanced features, higher fuel economy and lower C02 emissions.

As responsible yoga practitioners, let's evaluate the impact of our environmental footprint and try to reduce it. Namaste.
5 comments:
That was very subtle but I think I know what yoga form you're describing. Just so you know I share your thoughts.
Glad to know we're on the same page Johanna. Where are you from?
Melanie, rebelde ka talaga.
Sorry, can't help it but it's hard to subscribe to the wisdom of a yogi who claims there are only 84 asanas in traditional yoga when there are more than 600 in total...or that Ashtanga "never existed in India"!
I'm here in Miami, which is not so sunny these days. I wanted to use "Get Om..." for an event I'm organizing and found my way to your blog.
Post a Comment