In pain because of a bruised tendon, I've slowed down my practise somewhat since Friday last week. So practise has been quite "unbalanced" (an oxymoron I think as yoga is all about balance) these past 5 days as I've been working my good leg but resting my left one. That means no Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana, Ardha Baddha Paschimottanasana, Marichy B & D, Supta Kurmasana, Garbha Pindasana, Urdhva Padmasana, Pindasana and Matsyana where there is compression and when the pain becomes really intolerable. Strangely enough when I get to Baddha Padmasana my body folds over forward painlessly.
So I've explained the "injury" to the owner of the gym who was a sports professor at my university and who is now a coach at the country's premier private university. His sports therapist Edmund rejects medical intervention and started me on a program aimed at strengthening the muscles and tendons on my injured leg. We did some leg raises with light weights and lunges and squats across the length of the floor and it felt wonderful! Edmund also encouraged me to keep my eyes closed which really tapped into my yoga psyche and felt so right.
Funny how the universe works. I have been stressed by the fact that I will be doing a Led class on Sunday plus a week of workshops with John Scott next week with a leg injury. This gym is far from ideal for me and yet this is where it seems I will be on the road to recovery and learn patience and humility. Om.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"which really tapped into my yoga psyche and felt so right."
I love it!!!!! :)
http://yogapsyche.blogspot.com
Post a Comment