Monday, September 21, 2009

Back to Zero

Trying to find the stillness as I go back to zero.
Still reeling from the "incident" last week and losing lots of sleep because of it. I realise that I could have been one of those people other people will know to have died senselessly. "Did you hear about Tong's daughter?", I imagine would be the conversation piece. Having grace under pressure was one of my best assets at the height of my career. But I have lost those nerves of steel after coming so close to danger on a highway that is notorious for robbery and bloody road mishaps, usually staged and perpetrated by the police some say. Oddly, the German car I used to drive never attracted criminal minds, who last weekend picked on my nondescript Nissan sedan. This is "karma" for what, I really don't know. Just grateful for the wonderful memories of the John Scott workshop which take my mind off the horrible, harrowing, traumatic experience. Slowly, I hope to find peace and the stillpoint. Om.

4 comments:

Avril said...

Mel, that's horrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you and am so glad you're alright. I'd thought those things along C5 had stopped. Thanks for being so brave and telling your story. And wow, that you were still able to do the workshop and turn inwards, that takes guts!

*hugs, hugs and more hugs*

Hope you feel better soon and let me know if you want to talk...maybe tea sometime? Take care.

Melanie said...

Thanks Aves :)
Jem and the driver of my in-law's thought those stories along C5 were just urban legends that's why they even recommended that I pass there coming home from YM Alabang! Haaaay, look where that got me!

I know your car is tinted but if you're a female driving alone please steer clear of C5. My brother's friend from Ateneo died there last year. He was bumped too and forced to pull over. When he stepped out of his car, someone poked him in the eye with the tip of an umbrella. They ran away with his car and belongings and left him for dead. So gruesome and terrible...

Jem said maybe I'm doing too much yoga...I don't know...I don't want to deprive myself of the one thing I believe makes me a better person now...

Unknown said...

Hi Mel,

Hope you're coping well with the incident. I have nothing brilliant to say really... but Patanjali said that when negative thoughts disturb the mind... think of the opposite positive ones.

Om.

Melanie said...

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your words. Think positive, think positive. Yes, will do that. Haaay, sana nagsabay na lang tayo pauwi that day. I would have passed EDSA if you were with me. Could have, should have...

Miss you, Connie, Beng, Aves and the rest of the Chi people so much!