who fell ill and had been hospitalized.So I was raring to yoga more so because I knew I would see my yogini friend Lyn and other classmates again.
Peachie and I didn’t expect Hoze Arando to walk in. Today he was not teaching just practicing, said Hoze who handles the morning Mysore classes in Makati during the week.
One by one, the expats trickled in: Rica who is Japanese and a regular Yoga Manila practitioner on Saturdays; Silvina Gall from Argentina graciously hosted the YM Christmas party; Onanchi Chappett and her husband; and Bob, the newbie from Britain. With Margo Lao, Hoze, Lyn and I, there we were only nine practitioners in all. I guess I was buoyed by the company I found myself in because practice was wonderful! Hoze is a YM founder and has been "practicing yoga longer than anybody”; Margo Lao is YM’s instructor in Ortigas and who will teach at YM’s newest shala in Chi Spa located at the Shangrila Hotel by February; Rica, Silvina and Onanchi are all hardcore primary series practitioners; and Lyn and I still exchanged energies despite being at a distance from each other.
One by one, the expats trickled in: Rica who is Japanese and a regular Yoga Manila practitioner on Saturdays; Silvina Gall from Argentina graciously hosted the YM Christmas party; Onanchi Chappett and her husband; and Bob, the newbie from Britain. With Margo Lao, Hoze, Lyn and I, there we were only nine practitioners in all. I guess I was buoyed by the company I found myself in because practice was wonderful! Hoze is a YM founder and has been "practicing yoga longer than anybody”; Margo Lao is YM’s instructor in Ortigas and who will teach at YM’s newest shala in Chi Spa located at the Shangrila Hotel by February; Rica, Silvina and Onanchi are all hardcore primary series practitioners; and Lyn and I still exchanged energies despite being at a distance from each other.
Margo Lao photo by Rheia Ramos - Yeo
That morning yoga was almost like the first day I tried it. Unconsciously I must have heeded Hoze’s words when I shared with him my apprehension over being in pain the next day. He said to just let go and practice as if I was experiencing Ashtanga Yoga for the first time. And it was magic. I’m hooked more than ever. Om.
4 comments:
Happy new year, Mel!
I took my first class of the year with Connie Ponce last Saturday. Chi Spa is gorgeous! There were only 2 of us practicing under Connie's guidance that day, but my experience was similar to yours. Some loss of flexibility and stamina, but I was also able to do pindasana for the first time without supporting my back with my hands.
Glad you enjoyed your class!
Yes, now hooked more than ever. Om shanti.
Avril! Funny, I had just been to your blog and was struck by how our posts on our first yoga for the year "mirrored" themselves. I'm going to the the Led class on Saturday--hope to see you in Chi?
I also fall on my behind during Bhuja and completely relate to your experience :-)
Love your posts on resolutions. I'm so amazed by your insights. Is that original prose?
Happy new year to you too Avril!
Thanks, Mel! Yes, that was original prose. Glad you liked it.
I'm excited to finally meet you in person on Saturday! See you then!
Post a Comment