Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It comes and it goes

Another favourite on my playlist is this song by the English singer Dido. Watch the official video which plays like a short film complete with a storyline. It's about a young Thai woman who is both boxer and mother. Such a tough job and yet she looks more supermodel than supermom!

The song goes like this and sort of relates to today's practice:

Some days I wanna, and some days I don’t. Sometimes I can feel it and suddenly it’s gone. Some days I can tell you the truth and some days I just don’t. Only a change of mood sun goes down some one says something to quick or to soon, a touch not made one made to late army’s of words can not hope to contain…

Then it comes and it goes.
And I have no control.

Some days I can think clear and some days I won't. Sometimes I can feel it and suddenly it’s gone. Some days I am strong and some days my skin's broken and thin.That’s when it feels and it takes what it needs and it leaves before I get to know, it’s only a step away moments that army’s of words can not hope to contain.

Then it comes and it goes...

I can bind on my own and walk my legs towards each other to make my feet meet in front of my head in Supta Kurmasana. But today, my right foot inched its way on top my left foot. I think it was a combination of my hips softening and opening, my clavicle touching the ground and my shoulders fitting neatly under my knees. It felt like a stroke of luck and good timing. Hope I get lucky again tomorrow. And when I finally cross my feet, maybe someday I can slide my head underneath them. Om.

No comments: