Found this on the net. Drishti Yoga, a shala in Lake White Bear, Minnesota. If I had the resources to put up a yoga shala, I'd like it to look like this: small, cozy, personalized in terms of services and simple to maintain.

Since this is located in the U.S., it tries to speak to Americans reeling from a battered economy.
Need recession relief?
Relaxation?
Physical strength and emotional balance?
Well-being?
Now more than ever, let yoga bring focus to your life!
A puja table. So "pretty". (Pardon the expression)

Colours reflect the chakras: orange for second/sacral, green for fourth/heart, and aqua blue for fifth/throat. A combination which is at once earthy and uplifting.
Drishti Yoga can accomodate a maximum 20 practitioners. It has a changing room and toilets, but no shower areas, which is something I've become accustomed to here in the Philippines. Only major studios and gyms have such amenities as shower and steam rooms.
Reception area.
This Friday they're having a YOGA HAPPY HOUR! at Drishti where practitioners can come for yoga and stay for sustenance and enjoy wine, cheese, fruit and chocolate. Cool. The following day the shala will have a partner yoga class. Sounds like a lot fun for those who are enjoying the initial "inertia" that yoga gives. Wish there were shalas like this here, especially in Quezon City. I would establish my "Dristhi" somewhere close to my home and my kids' school. In QC of course. Om.
No comments:
Post a Comment